Thursday, January 29, 2009

Now I Remember ...


Now I remember why I don't like to paint - it's a lot of WORK!

It took me a week to work up to clearing my grandson's room out so that it could be painted. After two days of scraping off the old Noah's Ark border off, I needed the rest of the week to rest up LOL. So yesterday I got the paint brushes / rollers out, hauled the ladder in, and tried to remember where I put the paint I bought two months ago. See, I've been thinking about this project for a long time!

And once I started, I really remembered why I don't like to paint! It's the prep work ... and trimming in the corners and edges ... and forgetting to put the paint tarp under you so now you have a few blue paint spots to clean off of a semi-white berber carpet. Maybe I can cover them up with some of the white paint from the other walls. And .... then I pulled the tape off of the wall and a big chunk of blue paint came with it!

Oh yeah, and then there's the whole "clean up the mess you've made" thing. Now I just have to get it put back together so he has a place to sleep this weekend.

Now it looks so new and fresh, at least it was a small room. And one benefit I won't have to hear my grandson say for the bizzilionith time "I thought you were going to paint my bedroom?"

Happy sleeping Dylan ... Love GmaJo

2 comments:

  1. LOL... yes, painting is a bit of work. You should of had us come over and help. Sean and I are the painting duo. We painted like 70% of my mom's house in one night... granted it was a whole, let's get this done now so that we don't have to do it later.
    I think the room looks good. Next time though tell Dylan that he has to paint it or learn to stop talking.... LOL I don't know which one would be more impossible.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear other comments and opinions!