Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekly Blogger

I've decided that I'm a "weekly" blogger. It's not that I don't have things to say, it's simply that I get too busy (har) with all those "retired" things like playing on the computer, beading, and shopping LOL!

I've been - you guessed it - busy making more jewelry but I've run across a problem. What the heck am I going to do with all these nice pieces of jewelry. I have made a few for family and friends, but that still leaves me with a passion for producing pretty items that don't like to be left sitting in dark jewelry boxes or mothball drawers. So .... I've gotten my Idaho sales tax license and will be in my first craft show on March 27, 28 and 29, at a local mall in Nampa. That means now I have to bead even more to have enough inventory on hand LOL. I'm hoping that with Mother's Day around the corner there will be a lot of interest. I am nervous about what people will think of my creations. It's hard to judge when you only have your husband, son and daughter-in-law to give you input as they all have very different tastes. It's not about making money but rather giving people the opportunity to purchase something nice at a reasonable price.

Here are a couple of the newest creations. I wish that the pictures did them justice, but they just don't.







My granddaughter Aubree turned 11 last Friday. It's so hard to believe she's growing up and turning into a young lady. It doesn't make me feel older, just makes me hope that I'm around long enough to see her go to college, get married, and have kids of her own. Guess I'd better get back on that exercise program.


Aubree Grace



Annoying Dad Sean




Really Annoying Brother Dylan



Happy Trails ..... J

2 comments:

  1. Nice jewelry. Doing some blog walking and found myself here. Looks like you too are interested in travel. Please stop in, one of my blogs is a trvel blog, no packing required. lol
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!!! I love your jewelry. Thanks for letting me borrow some. I can't wait for your craft show.... wow. I am sure it will be a hit.
    Love the picture of the family, but I love the captions even more.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear other comments and opinions!