Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh S--- !

There are days and then there are days ....

I spent the last hour and a half laying out a necklace pattern, strung it on my wire, and then bam ... I lost the end of it and had beads everywhere! I'm glad that I swept the floor yesterday, but it's still fun trying to find a hundred peach colored beads on a sort of peachy colored tile floor. And yes, I did say the S--- word - very loudly! Oh well there are some perks to retirement - I can start all over tomorrow :)

I finished a couple of other projects, tried my first watch band. I'm still not quite happy with the way it fits, but that's what's nice about doing it yourself. You can take it apart again and again until you like what you have. To bad life's not like that - ha!



We had a wonderful Valentine dinner at a restaurant called Copper Canyon. I've eaten at a lot of restaurants over the years, but I have to tell you this one is one of the best kept secrets in Nampa, Idaho. I think it has just become our favorite. I had the most mouth-watering filet mignon and lobster, and Dick had salmon, shrimp and scallops. We even splurged and split a dessert - a to-die-for chocolate lava cake. Must have been a million mouth watering calories in that dinner but it was worth every bite!

When proofreading this (which Dick says I need to do more of), I realized that I used a lot of exclamation points in this blog and it reminded me of a funny story. When Sean was about 6 we went to visit my folks in Colorado Springs. On the cabinet in the kitchen my mother had posted a very large note for my dad that said, "Don't forget to take your pills !!!" Sean read it and wanted to know if it meant grandma was yelling at grandpa because she used so many exclaim points.

Be careful how many "exclaim points" you use in your day :) Happy trails .... J





2 comments:

  1. Great now the secret is out! I took Lisa to the Copper Canyon for our anniversary last year and it was a very nice/delicious dinner. Spendy, but worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you said "oh snap" huh? LOL. At least when you said it really loud it was in your own house. Listening to the conversation you and Sean were having on the phone I had wondered if you said it at the Copper Canyon. LOL.
    I am glad you had a great dinner. I saw you had the menu on your counter. It is super yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear other comments and opinions!