Saturday, February 7, 2009

Passion vs Obsession

According to Websters:

PASSION: Strong liking or devotion to some activity ...

OBSESSION: Persistent disturbing preoccupation with an idea or feeling ...




Wow, it's been a few days since I've been here - blame it on my new passion or as my husband calls it "my obsession." I suppose he's just getting even with me for calling his Cobra "the red headed mistress." I think what I like about it most is the creativity and the instant gratification obtained when you complete a project.

I've been doing a lot of beading the last few days, searching eBay for good deals on pendants and other jewelry materials, perusing local bead shops, and printing off ideas for projects from the Internet and magazines.

My last beading class was Thursday and I was sorry to see it end. The instructor was great and the other six gals learning how to bead were a hoot. I think what I'll miss most is the "gal" conversations. Now that I have this new found passion for making jewelry, I'm either going to have to start wearing a lot, giving it away, or selling it. If you see anything you'd like me to make for you, send me a picture. Keep it simple tho - I'm not into the knotting or weaving and real fancy stuff yet.




I met with some friends (2 retirees Jackie & Cindy and two ladies Tina & Debbie who still work at Idaho Power) last Tuesday for lunch at Famous Dave's Ribs. Umm, umm good - even tho all I had was chili and salad. If you ever get to a Famous Dave's be sure to save room for the Kahlua Brownie. Or better yet, start your meal with it. I promise if you like chocolate you won't be sorry :) I made them each a pair of Valentine earrings (above).

Do any of you have something that your passionate about? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.


Jo

1 comment:

  1. They are so beautiful. I would be happy to model them for you... LOL.
    Hobbies are very good for people... soothing for the soul. Your hubby is just jealous because he does not have pierced ears.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear other comments and opinions!