Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jumping Into December

NO, THOSE ARE NOT PAJAMAS!
 









After recovering from our wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, we decided to get ambitious (well sort of).  Dick help me set up a couple of jewelry tables at the Christmas Craft Fair in our neighboring senior park.  I coaxed him with the promise of a $2.50 breakfast that he didn't have to cook.    Dick never did eat breakfast but I munched down on scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, and orange juice.  No wonder I'm not losing any weight!  Three hours of socializing and meeting new people, a few sales, and we packed up and returned home.  

On one of our walks around the "hood," Harley and I found this little guy munching down the grass ....  He was about 8" long and didn't mind us a bit.


Sunday found us at my nephew Rick's house borrowing his truck and circular saw - let the deck building begin!  Dick and I decided that a new deck would be our Christmas present to each other this year, knowing that we'll have to leave it behind when we leave :(   Good thing we had the shade of the RV awning and our pop up canopy tent - cause without that I think we would have been building deck in the dark when it was cool.
HALF WAY DONE

OUR NEW DECK















Oh my gosh or OMG as the text generation says - I simply can't believe that tomorrow is December 1st!  Dick and I are both donning "summer" colds - damn!  If I'm going to feel bad, I may as well do it in Idaho, sitting by the fireplace and watching the snow fall, with a hot toddy in my hand!

It seems like we were just putting away our tree from last Christmas.  Oh wait, we were! cause the Coca Cola tree was still set up down in the basement and I finally put it to bed for good!  Ha, ha, ha ..... or is that Ho, ho, ho?

I finally met our next door neighbor; her name is Marie and she runs fair concessions, elephant ears in particular, and has just come up with a new tasty fair item - deep fried strawberries sprinkled with chocolate and powdered sugar.  She says they're to die for and I can hardly wait to try one! 

We've been trying to get connected to her internet (with her knowledge of course) because as we found out - Verizon mobile hot spot is very expensive for us.  I got the bill for last month and it was almost $200.  Going to Verizon tomorrow to see why on earth it was so high!  We also found out that Marie is a good cook; she supplied us with dinner tonight - cabbage rolls, and were they ever good!  I think she's going to be a great neighbor to have!

Harley and I took a walk around the neighborhood tonight and snapped a couple of Christmas photos for your enjoyment. 


YEP, THAT'S  PALM TREE





I don't think we'll get into Christmas quite that much this year!  With our Happy Holidays flamingo welcome mat and the lights around our deck, maybe we'll add a wreath to the front of the RV and a lit up pink flamingo!


Dick, Jo & Harley

2 comments:

  1. It takes some getting used to to see Palm Trees with Christmas lights! However, it really is more Historical ...in a way, that is. Sorry you have colds...but, you will dry out in the sunshine quicker this way!! Take care and glad you are enjoying yourselves! ...Happy Holly Daze!
    ...Midge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we miss you. Love your deck there (and the one here). I wish I was in Florida where it is warm.... ahhh stupid cold. Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear other comments and opinions!